Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It is about the bike

Lance Armstrong said it is not about the bike. Well if yours is a pile of carbon dust it quickly becomes about the bike. With two days to spare I have managed to pull together a bike that is almost identical to the victims(me). The biggest difference is the paint scheme of the new frame. The other is going back to a sadddle that is on all my other bikes. I like the sound of that... all my other bikes. The time trial, the track and the tandem.


There are some people that I would like to thank for helping me get this rig together so quickly. Allan at Look Cycle USA for the frame. Jeremy at American Classic for the wheels and then another new rear wheel when Fedex destroyed the first one. Nick at Full Speed Ahead for the bars and stem and for shipping some necessary bits and pieces in one package saving me a little $. Fred at Profile Design for getting things sorted out and letting me know that the aerobars were the most damaged ever returned to them. Special kudos to Christian at Zero Gravity(brakes) for also telling me that I have a record for the most damaged piece of equipment ever returned and replacing them under warranty. Niterider Technical Lighting for also fixing the headlamps under warranty. Now a big fat thumbs down to DiNotte Lighting for never returning my call. I bought another of their lights only because it is the brightest one out there and some one picked it up at the crash and I didn't get it back, but service after the sale is so important especially in a niche market like cycling. So without further ado here is the new ride.



Countdown...

T minus two days and counting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a great trip. It has been a real pleasure riding with you during the week for the past few months. After we would go 40 miles I would go to work, you would go on for another 90 miles. Unbelievable fortitude. Ride safe and I will look forward to your blogs!